Saturday, December 16, 2006

 

We're preparing for snow.

    I couldn't be happier. I've been experiencing some unusually high anxiety, I'm actually feeling it physically, which doesn't often happen and surprised me this evening, over the last few days, not in regards to caring for my mother, so much, as regarding circumstances surrounding our life, so I'm looking forward, more than usual, to a soothing blanket of white for a few days. Seems it should start, fitfully, I notice, having just checked the forecast, sometime tomorrow evening, make up its mind on Sunday, then settle in on Monday and Tuesday. Ahhh...
    I've been envying Seattle. I lived through one of those knock-down drag out years when I was there. Absolutely exhilarating.
    Maybe this is the beginning of our forecast wet winter. I hope so.
    One more errand run tomorrow morning and we'll be ready to be snowed in. I'm thinking we won't get as much as I'd like, but we'll get something, that's for sure, and, at any rate, I'll be reveling in the blocking of the light that's predicted. Finally.
    Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.
    Later.

Comments:
Originally posted by Mona Johnson: Sat Dec 16, 01:02:00 PM 2006

Gail, I hope a new snow will bring you a sense of peace, and get you in the mood for Christmas.

But I'm not sure abuot your weather fetish - I don't really view Florida's huuricans as exhilarating or interesting anymore.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?