Thursday, December 28, 2006

 

Well, I'm impressed with my work, I have to say.

    That site over there, the Daily Tests and Meds site? That is the meat and potatoes of caregiving, or, for the vegetarians among you, the soy and vegetables. For me, reading it is full of mystery; rather, rereading a mystery to which you remember the end (like something by Frederick Neumann) but not how the story got there. I'm working through the lead-up to Mom's low sodium episode. I can see it now. And, I can see why I didn't see it then. Occasionally there are moody, "self-referential" segments in the posts but mostly it's narrative exposition. Numbers. Concrete descriptions. Simple observations. It contains stark time tables, purposely and inadvertently. It is incredibly easy to label, the labels mean something upon which a community would agree and there are many posts, rather than few or mostly one, in most of the categories.
    The snow is supposed to begin tonight and last through tomorrow. Rain is predicted in the afternoon, tomorrow, for Prescott proper, but I'm sure we'll get snow up here. I can feel it. I checked the "local on the 8's" just a few minutes ago and the humidity is 98%. Yes! I knew I was feeling better...although, this time, a little under the weather because of this cold I've got. Not bad, though. Just annoying and making me awfully tired. Thus the odd hours.
    I think I will be insisting on going out in the snow tomorrow morning, if we're not yet snowed in. We could use a few things from the grocery.
    It remains relatively warm. I went out to deliver more garbage to our bins, out on the street, which weren't emptied today. Although I wore shoes, I was in cotton pants and shirt sleeves. It seemed "warm", meaning winter warm, to me.
    I'm excited.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?