Wednesday, December 27, 2006

 

The sky is a cold smolder.

    We've had some sleet...the wind has picked up...there were a few minutes of sunshine around noon. I'm nestled in, although I don't feel like tights today. We've already had a few tights/huge flannel shirts days, but today isn't yet one of them. Maybe later today.
    Mom awoke around noon. Her bed was dry. When in peaked in on her I knew...
    "I'm goin' back to bed."
    "Well, let's change out your underwear."
    Her nose was bleeding; from a scratch, I could tell, the evidence was all over her right index finger and an alum stick staunched the flow a little. So, no oxygen on the way back. The atmospheric pressure is dropping rapidly. I can see from the way she's walking that she feels it. I told her I'd awaken her at 1400. It's 1438, now. I'm letting her sleep in.
    Looks like we're in the middle of precipitous skies but little precipitation. Ahhh...more this evening. And tonight. let's check on the percentages, which will be p momentarily. 50% chance of mix of rain and snow. 60% tomorrow. At this altitude, chances are any precipitation with be snow, maybe hail and sleet.
    I'm not letting Mom sleep out of concern for continued Christmas trip recovery. I'm being selfish. I'm having a good time labeling The Dailies. It's much, much easier. There is much less a temptation to label solipsistically. I'm starting at the beginning and going forward, except for a few front posts over the last few days. I'm surprised at the wealth of information over there early in the journal. I imagine, although I'm not doing a comparison reading, that much of what I wrote here during that time was thoroughly explained over there, day by day.
    I'm honestly not sure how late I'll let her sleep in. Just depends. She was restless all night and morning. Two bathroom breaks. These, though, are just rationalizations. I seem to need a little more time alone today.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?