Friday, December 1, 2006

 

Just occurred to me...

...as I was preparing the house, and myself, for bed: Maybe this is the miracle. Maybe I'm living the miracle for which I've been asking. Considering my nature, it is, for instance, miraculous that I am here, doing this. Considering the history of my relationships with my sisters, it is even more miraculous that I am estranged from them. It is miraculous that I am no longer fighting this estrangement, nor am I undone by it. It is miraculous that I am, rather, acting in accord with it. It is miraculous that I have no fear in this regard. It is miraculous that, despite the circumstances, despite what they appear to bode for my "future", despite being told, over and over, in many different ways and through many different sources, that what I am doing here is unwise at best and personally disastrous at worst, I remain. Here. Now. Doing this. It is miraculous that even in my worst moments I am the best "thing" for my mother "since sliced bread."
    Miracles, I'm realizing, are not meant to be benign. They are meant to be enigmatic, awe-full. These words surely apply to my life at this time.
    This, here, this is my miracle.
    I thank the gods for small, and big, miracles.

Comments:
Originally posted by Anonymous: Fri Dec 01, 01:18:00 PM 2006

One truly realizes when she is operating from within spirit as Wayne Dyer calls it. I watched his PBS special last night and you've given a wonderful example of someone who is, as you say, living the miracle.
Keep on working in harmony despite the outer discord.


Originally posted by Gail Rae: Fri Dec 01, 06:57:00 PM 2006

Wow. Thank you, whomever you are, for your comment.
I will. Of course. It is my pleasure, not to mention my nature, I guess, to "Keep on..."
I usually reply to comments personally but, since yours is anonymous and my gratitude to you is great, I'm posting this, here. I hope you check back and know how much your comment is appreciated.


Originally posted by Karma: Fri Dec 01, 08:09:00 PM 2006

I think that its great that you can see the miracles in your life. I think that this is the goal really; to see our blessings.

I also think that in the end, when my family breaks apart and we no longer speak to each other much, it will be a blessing to not drive each other crazy and be able to move on.


Originally posted by Anonymous: Sat Dec 02, 02:31:00 PM 2006

Gail Rae,
Just wanted to let you know that I checked back on this post. I tend to post anonymously on blogs, not because I wish to remain anonymous but because one more user ID and password, etc. seems to be overwhelming to me. It's the small things it seems some days that are overwhelming.
Anyway, as you said, "Keep on...".
I enjoy your posts. Thank you.
Sue
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?