Wednesday, December 6, 2006

 

I'm enmeshed in a labeling frenzy...

...and I don't expect to untangle myself for awhile. If you've checked any of the "Label Index" pages (up for this journal, the Archive and the essay section), you've probably noticed I'm surrendering to extreme wordiness and exactitude. Thus, I noticed, with pleasure, after I finished the Archive and examined that Label Index for errors, my label indexes read like a caregiver's journal in idiosyncratic shorthand.
    I know it's not a standard way to label. It also puts a bit of a strain on Beta Blogger, as I'm continuing to receive warnings that I've included more than 200 characters in the "Labels for this post:" dialogue box attached to the post editing facility and find myself having to attach many of my labels through the list of post for edit, rather than within the posts. However, the extremely long names for each label page are going through easily.
    I just scanned the essay section label index and noticed that the longer the labels, the harder they are to read and the more likely, I imagine, that people will click in, say, "Oh, brother, not worth it," and click out. In case you're wondering why I'm insisting on long, meticulous labels, they are signals to me of types of posts for which I tend to look when self-referentiating (thanks for that, Mike).
    Three minutes to Mom-awakening. Better git.
    As I feel like it...
    ...later.

Comments:
Originally posted by sgbauer: Thu Dec 07, 04:23:00 PM 2006

I just found your blog. I can't wait to come back to it and watch your intro video. I just started a blog recently to keep everyone informed of my fathers progress. And also want to find others in similar situations. It's very difficult for me to even talk to my close friends about how I feel with all this because I know they can't possibly understand.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?