Wednesday, December 27, 2006

 

Final, detailed update...

...for the traveling Christmas here at The Dailies. The link will take you right to it.
    Today has, clearly, been a recovery day for me, too, but, I think, primarily from the cold pill. Some, maybe, from a much more relaxing holiday than I was expecting, and I was expecting a pretty relaxing one.
    Mom continues to talk about the unusually well behaved pet situation this time. Not that it hasn't ever been like that before. They, however, host five dogs, or is it six, three cats, an extremely attentive ferret that enchanted me, a frill necked lizard, two bull frogs, a very large turtle and a salt water aquarium. It was, however, the dogs' behavior to which she was referring. She was particularly taken with their new toy spotted Dachsund. And, Mom was right, Penelope is small enough for us to rifle away in my purse.
    "Our plan is flawless," I teased MCF. "You'll never realize she's gone."
    Mom made over the dog so enthusiastically that I took MCF aside and warned her that I would not take to a surprise dog gift the way we took to the surprise of her finding The Little Girl for us. At that time, we were looking for a cat and prepared, I reminded her. I am not prepared for, nor looking to take care of, a dog.
    She snickered, but she listened.
    I'm still feeling good, particularly since I awoke, a little after 2300, from a three hour (I think, or, was it longer) nap. I had the energy, a little earlier, to rev up for taxes. I spoke with our accountant about a week or so ago. He was, indeed, astounded that I was almost prepared, except for the necessary mailed documents, the last of which always arrives on January 31.
    Oh, my! It's after 0200! I'm tired, again, but not exhausted. I think I'll sleep well. Not that I haven't been, when I've been sleeping...
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?