Tuesday, November 14, 2006

 

A watched Blogger Beta never boils...

...especially when on an ftp burner.
    So, I'm done over at the movie site. I like the labels facility. Each of the movies now has it's own post. I've set up a nice little Label Index. Some of the labels are specific to Mom & Me: "Dream", for instance, "mom-favorite", "me-favorite", "dad-favorite" (only one, there, but it's worth its own label). Some of the labels appear to be understandable but are idiosyncratic: "Haunting", for instance, which isn't applied typically.
    I've become aware that my CSS templates could use some tweaking in order to allow Blogger Beta to work more smoothly. I've known they could use some tweaking for some time, but Old Blogger has been so forgiving I haven't bothered. Now, it might be advantageous to cut out some of the miscellaneous fat. I'm not sure how smooth the process will become, though. Publishing continues to take forever (especially, it seems, if I'm sitting right at the computer). I've discovered some work arounds that are handy to know if you're using an "old" template that you've modified:    Tweaking my old templates will be easy. I'll probably tweak the rest before I switch. I still haven't addressed the corrupted archive listing problem. These two fixes, though, will give me some slack on figuring out how to recreate my templates (which I don't want to change) in the skin/variable/widget format. Apparently, as well, widgets aren't all that hard to invent, since there's actually a little area in Blogger that invites users to create and share new widgets, and a limited overview of how they work. There are also lots of people, out there, who are blogging every day about the new templates and how to hack them. Some of the posts and articles are extensive and detailed. Some are even divided up into lessons. Typing "'Blogger Beta' template" into your search engine will bring up loads of stuff. I even ran across a few sites that are inviting people to download templates they've constructed and are using.
    Well, shit, it's late/early. I'm going to bed. Want to remind myself, though, of a curious conversation Mom and I had tonight while watching Heroes on TV. And, I guess, I've got some other stuff to "make up", as well. And, some visiting to do...and other things...all of which will happen...as soon as I figure out how to stretch days from 24 to 36 hours...
    ...later...

Comments:
Originally posted by Granny J: Fri Nov 17, 02:49:00 PM 2006

I'm new to both the Mac and to Blogging but maybe this might help... I've had a problem with my Firefox being agonizingly slow; the other night, I had a bright idea -- I tried Safari instead & every site I tried came up in no time. I haven't tried publishing thru Safari, but now I think I will tonight!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?