Sunday, November 26, 2006

 

I sometimes wonder, as I am wondering right now...

...if there will come a time in my life when I will "get it" at a higher level, understand something I am now incapable of understanding, everything will become clear and I will smile, beatifically, even laugh, perhaps shed tears of joy, and:    These are my aspirations, toward my sisters and toward everyone with whom I come into contact these days: Nonjudgmental acceptance and precisely targeted compassion.
    When I write posts that express anger, disappointment and a sense of having been betrayed such as this one, and, even, subtly, this one, I not only want to imagine myself as capable of the above desired of compassion and love, I want to realize it. I'm not there yet. I am painfully aware that I am far, far from it. I believe, though, in order to attain one's visualization of one's future self, in order, in fact, to achieve the amazing surprise of besting one's highest visualizations of one's future self, one must acknowledge, without flinching, with all the detail, where one is.
    So, here I am, ensconced, for the moment, in my pettiness, my anger, my fear and my despair. And, yes, I can't deny, it feels safe here, even as I sense the walls closing in on me. There, though, is where I want to be. This visualization is the light I am throwing around my current position in the hopes of spotting the trailhead to where I want, and intend to go.

Comments:
Originally posted by Karma: Tue Nov 28, 02:28:00 PM 2006

I think that maybe instead of forgiving your sisters, the goal is to come to terms with them and their behavior and to not have to carry the anger around anymore. I also have a long way to go in this path of compassion and love with my own extended family, especially with my brother in law and my aunt. But, its a process you're not alone in.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?