Tuesday, October 24, 2006

 

We were ramping ourselves up...

...for watching Saw. Although I've pretty much ignored the movie since it hit the theaters some years ago, I guess, I didn't even know it was a horror movie, my mother's recent interest in horror movies has had me doing research, looking for suitable possibilities for her, in part for rental and in part so that I would recognize appropriate names on the cable channels. This is how I recently learned about Saw, and learned it's been compared to SE7EN, which I really enjoyed. That's my kind of horror movie. I don't want undead monsters, I don't want mutant monsters, I want psychological monsters bent on psychological and physical torture of their victims and/or their antagonists, before death, if death occurs. I haven't yet been satisfied. I haven't discovered my ultimate example of the genre. I continue to look, though, well, except in book form: Exquisite Corpse by Poppy Z. Brite is completely satisfying for me, as far as written horror fiction is concerned.
    Mom sounded game. Right up until 2230. Then, the rainy day, her unusually short nap (probably because of the excitement I'd generated over the horror movie), doing her hair, writing on her back (I think I've created a write-on-my-back monster) all combined to create a "time for bed" mood, much earlier than usual. I considered gently pushing her to stay up a little longer, but I decided, nah, she's feeling good, everything's fine, I'll let her head in early. Maybe that will mean an earlier rising, and a fairly early excursion tomorrow.
    She's still looking forward to an outing, tomorrow. It still looks like the weather will cooperate. And, I still get to see the movie, Mom or not. So, you know, something about little blessings, small favors, I don't know.
    Almost movie time.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?