Wednesday, October 4, 2006

 

"The dreams of old people are as precious as diamonds."

    This is a quote of something Dr. William Thomas said in this interview about his newly published book, In the Arms of Elders: a Parable of Wise Leadership and Community Building, to which Mona directed me through a comment and which I have not yet read. I was searching some information about it to determine whether I want to attempt (since I am often unsuccessful, these days) to read it when I stumbled across this quote. I couldn't resist publishing it. How well I know this. I also want to point out, I consider that this quote refers not only to night-sleep dreams, my mother's of which always fascinate me because I suspect she is not 'merely' dreaming (which is to say she is not just reassembling, clearing out or taking instruction from brain bits), but actually visiting a reality not yet available to me; but I think it also applies to her Ancient Day Dreams, as well.
    Listen. Enfold. Try to inhabit. Don't simply try to interpret. This is my counsel on how to approach the all the dreams of Ancient Ones.
    Almost time to awaken The Mom.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?