Sunday, September 24, 2006

 

Today is flu/pnuemonia and/or tetnus shot day...

...flu only for me, the whole shebang for Mom. We'll probably have to take her back for one of the three shots as, generally, they only allow two at a time per customer; they've got some medical reason which I don't remember. I tried to get us shot up yesterday at her pharmacy. Luckily, I thought to call ahead. It seems they cancelled yesterday because "only one woman showed up", meaning only one innoculator; thus, they cancelled today, as well. Our usual grocery, though, is holding a flu etal shot clinic today. Since we need a few items, we'll go anyway; hoping that more than "one woman" shows.
    Movement begets movement; thus, since we got some moving in yesterday, although not outside, and Mom is "excited" about getting out and getting her shots, as well as simply walkering around the grocery, she awoke just as I was preparing to shower. I performed some minimal maintenance so she could stay up and read her gossip tabloids or watch TV, but, when I told her I'd be in the shower for about 20 minutes, then we'd be sitting around waiting for the hot water heater to replenish itself for her bath, she decided to go back to bed. The hot water tank has settled down (I can hear that it's done with it's reheat cycle), my hair is dry and fixed, so, in a minute or so I'll be getting her up and we'll hit the shot trail.
    I'm feeling much, much better, thank you. Yesterday was a bit of a trial but I decided I didn't need to laze around anymore, since Mom was showing signs of needing to move (the chief sign being that she wasn't interested in any kind of movement), so I upped the ante, for both herself and me. It seems to have worked. I'm still showing minor symptoms but I don't feel below minimum, anymore, and, anyway, it was energizing to get Mom moving, again.
    I've got a short list of posts to do. Depending on how today goes, I'll probably be attempting to get those out of the way today during Mom's nap time and after she retires. As well, we did a survey of movies up this weekend on TCM and my mother expressed interest in a couple which are of minimal interest to me, so I imagine I'll have some writing time then, as well.
    Time to rearouse the Mom. Oh, just so I don't forget, I need to look for another melon at the grocery for breakfast when we return home. She so enjoyed the last, doesn't seem to mind melon subsituting for O.J. and melon seems to settle well with her blood glucose.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?