Thursday, September 21, 2006

 

Running around with my mom...

...seems to have caught up with me. Today, I feel as though I've managed to run myself into the ground. Too many candles burning at both ends, or something. I thought maybe a restful, movie filled day for Mom yesterday would translate into rest for me, as well. Didn't happen. After several extremely late (or early, depending on your chronographic perspective) retirements and fairly early awakenings for me, today I awoke at 0715 feeling like absolute shit, sweating, no doubt from a fever break, nose running, throat feeling like I'd scrubbed it with a Brillo pad, so I took two ibuprofen, laid back down for another hour or so, I told myself, and started awake at a few minutes before 1300. Thank Morpheus, Mom was still sleeping. It took me another hour to get myself moving, but, believe me, this has meant a slow drag all day. Thus, I've allowed Mom another one of her favorite days of doing nothing, not bugging her to move away from her rocker, allowing her to sleep whenever she wanted...while I drag my ass through the minimum chores necessary to keep the day from getting out of hand. This hasn't been good for her blood glucose, but it has been for her spirit, and I've needed the down time, so I think we're all right. I'd like to get her out tomorrow, but, considering how I'm feeling tonight, I'm not sure that I'll be interested in getting out, tomorrow, so, at the very least, I'll have her do some walkering around the house, to make sure her body remembers what to do with her limbs and refined carbohydrates.
    And yet, I have three posts piling up in my head, ready for writing and publication, I'm still trying to find some time to respond to some of you who have been commenting regularly on my site and writing me (all correspondence much appreciated and treasured, believe me, I'm very sorry that I've been so tardy in acknowledgment and response) but I don't think I'll be getting to any of this, tonight. I'm hoping that, once my mother decides to retire, about all I'll be posting is my ass on my futon.
    Just wanted each of you to know, if it appears that I'm ignoring you, in this case, appearances are definitely deceptive.
    Oh, god, I'm yawning non-stop.
    Later.

Comments:
originally posted by Karma: Fri Sep 22, 09:31:00 AM 2006

I hope that you find a way to have some time to take care of yourself and get back to a place of feeling like you're replenishing your energy instead of having it burn away from both ends. Feel better!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?