Friday, September 22, 2006

 

I seem to be feeling marginally better...

...at least I didn't go back to bed and sleep until after noon, today, a good sign. No fever, as far as I can tell, enough energy so that when I awoke this morning at my usual time I felt as though I could negotiate an early hour and a half of outside-the-house errands that were piling up. The early running around drooped me a little, but no more sore throat, although my nose is running to beat the band, but, you know, that's an optimistic sign that it's the cold is loosening it's hold. I think I'm at that stage where I sound lots worse than I feel, versus yestereday when I felt horrible but sounded fine. My mind, though, remains mush. I have no mental energy so I probably won't catch up on either posting or correspondence, today. I will, though, after observing the effects of two days of relaxation on my mother's blood sugar, get her moving at least in the house. It's another windy, cool day so trying to get her outside, even on the driveway, well, let's just say I'm not up to that challenge.
    Looking back, I remain unpleasantly surprised that caregiving has made me suseptible to run of the mill colds, obviously continuing to challenge my immune system. I've been taking a variety of supplements for a few years, now, since I noticed that I'm no longer invincible to colds, that are supposed to boost my immune system. Suffice it to say, I shudder to think how many colds I'd suffer if I wasn't taking these supplements! At the same time, though, I appreciate my body's ability to knock me out of the running when it's necessary by putting out the "Vacancy" sign for viruses when my spirit is unwilling to wind me down. Sometimes, there's nothing like being sick to make you feel better.
    Well, I think I'll sit back and twiddle my thumbs until it's time to awaken the Mom. Maybe I'll even do it in a reclining position; although, I don't know, that would clog one side of my perpetually running nose.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?