Monday, September 11, 2006

 

Hadn't planned on checking in until, at the earliest...

...tomorrow night, at the latest, Wednesday morning. But, but, I wanted to extend some credit where credit is due and celebrate yet another business that has made my job as my mother's caregiver easier more than once. As you know, I rent cars when I take my mother to the Valley for anything. Although there are several reasons why I do so, the primary reason is that neither of our cars is a comfortable fit for my mother on a two and a half hour drive; neither for sitting nor getting into and out of. I rent from just one local business, the local Enterprise franchise. I've been renting from them for about two years, now. Let me tell you why I continue to use them.
    I called today to check on my reservation for tomorrow and make sure they'll have the type of car with which we are currently very pleased, the type we rented on August 30th, a Nissan Sentra. My reservation was set up so they'd pick me up at 0800 in the morning, we'd use the car for the day, I'd return it the following morning and they'd give me a ride home. When I inquired about getting a Sentra, Stacy told me that they are having an unusually busy day tomorrow. Generally, it's first come first served, she explained, but, they had a Sentra on the lot today for which no one had spoken. "If you come in today between four and six, I'll set you up with it and won't charge you for tonight." They were even willing to pick me up at four, if I called to let them know I was ready. I agreed.
    When I hung up the phone I got to thinking, wait, that can't be right, surely I misunderstood and I'll be charged for an extra night. So, I immediately called back and explained to Stacy that I think I misunderstood, surely I wasn't going to get an extra night free; that didn't seem fair to the car company; but, if making sure I got the Sentra required an extra night, this time, I was willing.
    Stacy confirmed that I'd heard right! I was thrilled and, of course, took advantage of the offer. Then, when I checked out the car, she and I got to talking and she forgot to run my debit card. I realized this immediately upon arriving home and returned with my card. She told me she'd realized it, too, but figured, you know, she knew where I lived, she'd just run it when I returned the car.
    Other wonderful things have happened to me using this company. They are extremely understanding about the seating situation with my mother and, through experience, are very good about finding just the right fit. As well, a couple of times when I returned the car, because I always top it off as we leave Prescott and we don't do a hell of a lot of running around, we just do our business and leave, I've returned cars with well over the amount of gas with which I've checked them out. I never mention it, but they always notice and I've been granted a card with a free part of a tank of gas, which I was finally able to use on August 30th.
    Ray, Shannon and Stacy, the three people with whom I've consistently dealt through this franchise, are super and always willing to, literally, go the extra mile with and for their customers. I'm so pleased with Prescott's Enterprise franchise, I want to give them a plug, here. You guys rock! Thank you ever so much for always performing above and beyond my mere expectations!
    And, for those of you readers who remember, we will be staying, once again, at the Superstition Springs La Quinta Inn, the hotel that was so extraordinarily generous they treated us to a reduced our rate since we had no intention of staying the night and left early enough so that, if they wanted, they could re-rent the room.
    It's time. I've got to hit the sack.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?