Friday, September 8, 2006

 

Blood Draw Day was yesterday...

...and test results are up. This draw included both the CBC and the BMP. A test which is of particular interest to me in regards to my mother has been added to the BMP: A GFR. The link will take you to the National Kidney Foundation's very thorough explanation of what this test is and what it's results can mean. The reason I find it interesting, and, as well, hope that her BMP's continue to feature it is that it clearly indicates my mother's Chronic Renal Failure, thus also confirming for me that her anemia is, indeed, Anemia Due to Chronic Disease.
    Otherwise, the results show that she is holding steady...only one noteworthy result, which is her high normal result for potassium. I'm sure this is because I've been loading her up with foods containing sodium and potassium for the last few days in order to ameliorate what seemed to be indication of a minor low sodium episode.
    I'm going to close this post out, now, although I have a few more things to report, and set up and publish her latest health review. Everything, including the review, her Blood Pressures and her Blood Glucose Report, has been faxed to her physician in preparation for her appointment on September 12th, next week. The health review, in the OTHER ISSUES TO BE DISCUSSED AT APPOINTMENT section, under 1., includes a strategic plan for the next few days that I hope will provide her physician and me with some hard data with which to determine if she needs some sort of change in her Type 2 diabetes medication. As I type in the report I'll establish links to the two mentioned areas for quick reference for those of you who are interested, then come back to this post and place them appropriately.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?