Sunday, August 20, 2006

 

O.K. I've run several tests this evening...

...and it looks as though everything has been straightened out in regards to me sending and receiving email through this address. I'm hoping I didn't lose any messages, going or coming, along the way but, well, if I did there's nothing I can do, now.
    It was, apparently, all due to my problems with my domain provider. Those really do appear to be resolved, she said, crossing her fingers.
    What a week it's been regarding all communications issues for me, especially those that involve computers. I used to "do" astrology, some years ago. The whole bit: Casting all kinds of charts, including but not exclusively natal; all kinds of things with those charts including progressions, transits, blah, blah blah... Although it's always been a bit difficult for me to "believe" in astrology, for some decades, since I was a teenager, I've been fascinated, first, with what I refer to as the psychological algebra of it; second, how it hones one's focus to a person or event or question, despite it's questionable reliability, and; third, I just used to think it was fun. So, naturally, I retain a whole bunch of astrological data in my head. Anyway, because this week has been so challenging for me from several computer-communication perspectives, this evening, just out of curiosity, I decided to pull down a tropical ephemeris for the week from what used to be one of my favorite hard astrological data sites and take a look at what was going on. Sure enough, on the 15th, when the domain problem came to a head and just 24 hours before I received the bulk of the comments on "the demon post", a Fixed Grand Cross, triggered by the Moon's movement through Taurus, discharged into my third house right on top of my natal Moon and Mercury, zapping a perpendicular opposition of Saturn and Neptune. First, Second, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, Tenth and Eleventh Houses involved by rulership. Shoot. Essentially, the interpretation is: Relax, you can't win for losing. "Breathe deep the gathering gloom...watch lights fade from every room." [Thank you, Moody Blues]. I didn't have a chance in communications hell, which is exactly where I spent most of the week. Even minor things were going wrong: POS debit machines malfunctioned as I was using them; my trusty iBook greeted me more times than I care to recall with the smiling idiot folder because my permissions were going haywire; my word processing software blew up on me (by that time I knew better than to try to reinstall it until things settled down); my mother and I misunderstood each other several times this week, nothing major, usually humorous, but definitely noticeable. The last episode of this happened tonight and kept my mother up until 0130 trying to figure out what tonight's confusion was all about.
    Whew. I'm glad we're into the weekend and things seem to be smoothing out a little. The Moon's moved on by a couple of signs, now, into, literally, my house of friends, hopes, wishes and dreams, putting it in a position to trigger lots of trines, including a Grand Trine in Water, my overriding natal element. Looks like Mercury may have a few tricks up its sleeve, but they're all of the T-Square variety and they're being modified by those nice trines. I can handle that.
    I know, probably no one who reads this will understand a word of what I just typed, but I wanted to record it for my own edification. It's been Shakes the Clown week, all around.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?