Monday, August 14, 2006

 

News Flash

    In case any of my readers occasionally wonder why I've become a radicalized medical advocate on my mother's behalf and/or if I unwittingly cause the medical consumer problems I encounter with her, a story about Phoenix physicians leaving their medical careers behind (a link no longer exists to this story), which occupied the front page of Arizona Republic today, gives an idea of half of that with which I have to contend when it comes to seeking medical help for my mother. It also makes it easy to imagine the other half: Surly, exhausted doctors who, when practicing in offices, would rather their clients play along with the "I be Doctor; you be patient" game. The story, as it follows a physician through his last day of practice as an ER doctor before leaving the profession to open a restaurant/brewery, clearly delineates the sorry state of the medical-industrial complex in Arizona and leaves little to the imagination in regards to why doctors, especially Arizona doctors, are leaving the profession, and/or the state, and/or the reigning institutions of medical practice, in droves; not to mention the loss of RNs, CNAs and a variety of other medical practitioners.
    I'm not sure, but you may have to take a short survey of your sex, birth year and zip code, as well as indicating whether you want to receive email "announcements" before you can enter the story. I tried the direct story URL in another browser and didn't have to do this, but when I first searched for the story, I did.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?