Monday, August 28, 2006

 

It's all set.

    Wednesday we visit The Valley to renew Mom's military ID at the place I prefer. No appointments necessary, and this facility usually has few people. We should make it there no later than 1100, be in and out in a jiffy, then head for a restaurant lunch, Mom's favorite kind. Mom has voiced a preference of restaurants, "...the place with the pies." In the Phoenix metroplex this can only mean Marie Callender's. She will, as she always does, eat a proper lunch "first". Chances are, as usually happens, she'll take her pie to go and that's what she'll have for dinner, once we return. So, I'll probably go light on the evening stats.
    If she's up to it, we'll also be visiting a beauty supply store that carries a brand of facial moisturizing cream she wants to try and we can't find here. I already checked and this supply store carries it.
    No hotel, this time. I ran this by her and she "...[couldn't] see the reason for it." So, it'll be a pretty fast and furious trip, but I think she's up to it, and so does she. We'll be heading back probably around 1500, at the beginning of the incredible rush hour down there. It shouldn't be too bad, though. "We'll just take it slow," she says, and, we will.
    Time to wake up The Mom plus three minutes.
    Later.

Comments:
originally posted by Paula Martinac: Tue Aug 29, 12:41:00 PM 2006

Gail - For some reason, this post made me nostalgic for times when I was actually still able to take my dad places - even just on an errand. It was not very long ago - 18 months? - that I needed to pick my partner up at the airport and, because of construction, my dad came with me to show me an alternate, back-streets route. I hope you and your mom had a safe, fast, and satisfying trip.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?