Tuesday, August 15, 2006

 

First, a Blogger problem.

    It seems that Blogger is not processing and sending comments as quickly as usual. I sent a comment through this afternoon in response to someone else's comment on one of my recent posts and my comment has yet to be posted and I have yet to receive notification of it. So, if you've commented within, hmmm...I guess probably the last five to six hours, I don't yet know about it.
    I also want to mention the latest edition of yet another carnival to which I've submitted, Grand Rounds. The link takes you directly to this week's edition, hosted by Hospital Impact. Grand Rounds is a long running carnival. Although its submission guidelines vary according to host, I've scanned several of the editions and the general requirement set up by the first host, that the submissions be targeted to the lay medical audience, seems to run through all the editions I've scanned. This week's host was amenable to [SIC] "accepting just about any kind of medical/healthcare-related submission, but I'm be somewhat partial to any posts that would be good for healthcare newbies." The host received more than 52 submissions, of which 31 were picked up, one of which was a post I submitted. The host's method of publishing the submissions is ingenious: As a letter to his 2 month old son full of lessons he would like his son to learn from the healthcare profession. My submission is the first link in the eighth paragraph of the letter. In the introduction to the post, the host counsels his son to "become a man of action. Get things done." In case you don't want to scan through the letter to find it, the post that was picked up is here. I urge you, though, to read through the entire letter and click on some of the other posts, as your interested is pricked. They are all fascinating and informative. Some of them are weirdly funny. I've read a couple other editions of this carnival and it plays to my appetite for medical information from a lay perspective. I'm definitely going to keep my eye on this one.
    I've posted the information for clicking into the carnival and the edition within which my post is published over to the right below the PCParade link. You'll notice, as well, that I've changed the PCParade logo. The new one is a reduced version of PCParade's official logo.
    With the publication of this post, the new carnival information should appear over there. However, I'm having trouble publishing my entire archive so that it shows up on every page. Blogger seems to be full of molasses today. I'm going to try once more before I retire (early than usual, tonight, thank the gods), but, if the process hangs up, I'll wait until "tomorrow" (which is today, but, you know, I live in timelessness, now, I need a little slack).
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?