Tuesday, August 15, 2006

 

Ai, yi, yi, such a problem!

    This domain expired on 8/12/06. I headed over to the company who handles my domain and the server through which this website is handled, went through the auto renewal screen and figured that took care of it.
    It didn't. I noticed that sometime today I stopped receiving email. Chances are, the spotty notification on Blogger comments also has to do with this. So weird. Anyway, when I went back to the company's site, my domain had not been renewed. I tried again and nothing happened. So, I went into live chat with a service rep. Seems that, since I am having an undiagosable problem renewing my domain, I have to renew by hand through a trouble ticket. I just did this. I am assuming that it will be renewed within the next 24 hours. I hope so, anyway. In the meantime, if you comment or write me, I won't know it. The service rep told me that email sent to me through this domain address is being bounced back to the sender, but I've sent myself a couple of messages from other e addresses I have as tests and, so far, no mail has bounced back. It's possible that it's going into server trash, although I was told there is no such thing.
    So, just to let those of you who email me and comment on my posts know, if you've sent me anything within the last 24 hours and I haven't responded, it's because I didn't get your e. Don't resend, yet. I'm hoping that when the domain is renewed all that stuff will suddenly come through. At any rate, I will post another notice when I am sure my domain is renewed and let you know whether I received a back-log of email. I'm hoping this will happen shortly.
    Thank you, in advance, for your understanding. I can't believe this is happening! This company has been extraordinary, up to now.
    Just in case, I have an alternate address to which you can send my email. It is motherandmetoo@mindspring.com. I'm going to immediately change out the notification address on Blogger, just in case, but, you know, I'm hoping everything will be back to normal soon.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?