Wednesday, August 2, 2006

 

Ai! Well, she's snoring...

...which is unusual for her, and I can tell by her eye movement that she's dreaming. I know she's sound (pun not intended but appropriate) into whatever she's "doing" because, as I was studying her the doorbell rang, announcing yet another gorgeous delivery of birthday flowers (the first arrived day before yesterday) from MFS. When she's sleeping lightly this usually awakens her because the bell box is attached to the wall right outside her bedroom door. Today it didn't even disturb the rhythm of her very audible breathing. She's probably dreaming about birthdays which I would consider past but in which she is fully engaged, at the moment, eating cake, as it were, a respectable and expected birthday pursuit. Thus, I haven't the heart to disturb her.
    Dream on, my dear. I'll be here, with ham, when you return.

Comments:
originally posted by Deb Peterson: Wed Aug 02, 06:47:00 PM 2006

Gail--Give your Mom a big Happy Birthday kiss for me!! Enjoy the cake!
 
originally posted by Mona Johnson: Thu Aug 03, 04:23:00 PM 2006

It seems there's a confluence of caregiver blog-related birthdays in early August. My dad would have been 74 on August 6th. Hope both of you enjoy your mom's birthday!

Thanks for introducing me to What Are Old People For? - I'll add it to my reading list. Like you, I'm not on the book-a-day schedule anymore, and seem to have a shorter attention span. I hope that's just because I'm busy!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?