Tuesday, July 4, 2006

 

Since today was another No Stat Day...

...I'll just go ahead and do a general report here. I decided before Mom awoke to forget the stats. I wasn't even sure, at that point, what I'd be serving her for dinner. It didn't feel like a cooking day.
    She awoke on her own at noon. Needed a full bath. I ran the Oz evening by her. She seemed mildly interested.
    After breakfast, which included a substitution of polish sausage for bacon, she sat at the table while I did chores and played Brain Age, for awhile, with minimal supervision. I hovered around her to guide her, as usual, through selecting her profile, but she chose her games from there and, as far as I know, never got stuck. She didn't do any reading aloud. When I finished, she was finishing up a "Low-High", although I can't imagine she did well on it. She may not have even understood it. I asked her if she wanted to read aloud. She thought I meant me reading one of our floating books aloud. I corrected her, but that sounded like a good idea so I read aloud from The History of Old Age for awhile (no, we're still not through the book...sometimes Mom's not in the mood for scholarly fare).
    At 1600 I reminded her of the documentary on the making of Oz. I was right that she didn't want to miss that. It lead into the movie, which she continued watching about halfway through, then decided to take a nap.
    Lunch, served between 1845 and 1900, was her usual V-8 juice and peanuts. She seemed, as well, chipper, even though I awakened her.
    I thought, considering her mental exercise earlier in the day, I might be able to get her interested in a game of Scrabble, but she wasn't interested. She was, however, interested in trying The Wiz. She stayed with that, though only a half hour. Then, I put on Ghost, which carried her away until Walker, Texas Ranger. Despite her extreme desire to just sit, she was alert and we conversed throughout the evening.
    Oh. At her suggestion, I served ice cream for dinner. It seemed to "work" a couple of days ago.
    She retired at 0000, 7/04/06. I had forgotten to rub down her legs, which is unusual, so I reentered her bedroom and suggested she come out for her leg rub.
    "No," she said, as she sprawled in bed with her book, "too much trouble." She was light on liquids, today, even including the ice cream, so I let her go.
    I noticed her light was out at 0030.
    Later.

Comments:
originally posted by Mona Johnson: Tue Jul 04, 10:44:00 AM 2006

Hi Gail,

Thanks for the link to The History of Old Age - I'll put it on my reading list!

Happy 4th....
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?