Sunday, June 25, 2006

 

"Their slow metabolism in the cold helps them grow older, and bigger."

    This is a quote, from a PBS episode of Nature about the evolution of sea life Under Antarctic Ice, a program Mom and I are watching as I type.
    The above quoted sentence reminded me that I often think that one of the reasons Mom enjoys longevity is because she lives slow and hibernates when she perceives it to be cold. Makes sense on several levels, actually. I was startled, though, and vindicated, that what I wonder about is a legitimate detail of evolutionary theory; albeit in under ice animals.
    I often think of Katherine Hepburn in this context. I understand (and, this may be a misunderstanding) that, in her prime, she used to insist that she needed 14 hours of sleep a day.
    I've been finishing and adding essays. When I think I'm done for the duration, I'll stop and bring your attention to them, although they are stacking up over in the links section.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?