Friday, June 23, 2006

 

I wanted to mention, too...

...well, react to, I guess, a line I read in David Pogue's NYT email Circuits [subscription only I think, but free], in the midst of his reaction to Bill Gate's philanthropic retirement announcement, and I quote:
Maybe when you're in your 50's, you start to think about how you'll be remembered.
    Well, I'm not thinking of that, and I don't think my mother ever has. She is always surprised, to very rare tears, when someone remembers and salutes her. She is naturally modest, almost to a fault.
    I don't doubt that wanting to be remembered is an activator in the lives of some, but I don't think it's a universal trait. And, I think, it's one of those traits that you have to have acquired early in your life to display it in one's Ancient years.
    Just had to mention that.
    Yesterday. Yes. I'm getting to that.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?