Wednesday, June 21, 2006

 

The company due on Monday is coming tomorrow.

    I'm much more up for it than I thought I would be. Mom, when I remind her, is looking forward to company, too. They'll be arriving very early, before Mom awakes, I'm sure, although I'll be rousing her much earlier than usual after they arrive. They won't be here long; they'll be leaving early in the afternoon to miss the worst of rush hour traffic in Phoenix, but it'll be refreshing to see them. I know. I can't believe I'm feeling this way.
    Although I'm keeping the treats to a fruit and vegetable tray, deviled eggs (I don't use sugar or sweet dressings in mine) and cranberry scones, I expect Mom's BG to go on holiday, tomorrow, so I'm going to try to keep today easy on her insulin.
    Yesterday she just wasn't feeling good, so we didn't walker, but I checked in on her a few minutes ago. She decided she wanted her "full 12", which'll take her to 1300, but she seems alert and much better. She wasn't plagued with body aches, yesterday, but internal lung congestion and a feeling of being tired all over. Yesterday was her actual protracted sleep day, rather than a few days ago, the one I was expecting. I don't think it was the walkering on Monday that put her under yesterday; I think the wind has been blowing allergens around and it all caught up to her yesterday.
    So, nothing much to report yesterday and once Mom rouses today it'll be a busy day, getting her ready for company tomorrow, including yet another Queen Elizabeth I hairstyle, so she can show off her tiara. Cleaning? Maybe some. I usually clean for company but, I don't know, although I had a lot of energy early this morning, I'm beginning to fade after two short nights...tonight is going to be another one and I see no possibility for a nap, today. Everyone always says they don't care if I clean...so, I guess tomorrow I'll find out exactly how much nobody minds my natural lack of housekeeping!
    Later.

Comments:
originally posted by Deb Peterson: Wed Jun 21, 04:35:00 PM 2006

Gail--Oh, I love the idea of the Queen Elizabeth I (not II) hairstyle!

And I find that the closer it gets to guest-arrival time, the cleaner my house looks (even if I don't do anything). I'm serious! I don't know why--maybe because when time runs short you have to choose the most important things to do, which usually involve the food. I'd be mighty miffed if I visited someone with a clean house and nothing to eat, whereas a nice plate of food will distract me from all the dust bunnies (or dust rhinos, in my case).
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?