Wednesday, June 7, 2006

 

Am I afraid of developing dementia...

...considering that I deal with my mother's dementia every day? No. I'm not even afraid of the more grasping types of dementia wherein the afflicted appear to those of us who consider ourselves dementia free to have "lost themselves". I don't know why, but for some reason dementia, itself, doesn't scare me, nor does the way I expect I will be viewed by the undemented many.
    What scares the willies out of me is the kind of care I am liable to receive once having developed dementia. This is the main reason why I try so hard to remain in touch with my mother in her dementia and hope that if her dementia develops beyond where it is, now, that I can, at the very least, see to it that she continues to feel safe and comfortable within this environment we've created for her.
    Random thoughts about dementia:    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?