Tuesday, April 18, 2006

 

Yet another mellow day yesterday.

    I could get used to this!
    We had plans: Do Mom's hair, take Mr. Man for a walk, etc. Mom, though, was moving slowly and didn't want to do much. Didn't even want to concentrate on the relaxing required to do her hair.
    Have you noticed? Our hours are changing. Mom's morning looks like it's going to regularly start in the morning. I'm getting up much earlier than before, in part because I've got a kitten waking me up at the crack of dawn. I'm getting to bed earlier, too, though.
    Although it is uncustomary for this to happen to me, my mind is beginning to entertain itself with "Spring Home Improvement Projects". Both inside and out. I'm not sure how much "we'll" do. I do know I need to find another Mr. Everything. Our former Mr. Everything was "called by the Lord" to minister to a church in Winslow, AZ. I was very sorry to see him go, although I suppose "the Lord" needs gardeners in Winslow. I, personally, believe he has much more promise as Steward of the Earth rather than Steward of Souls but, you know, he has a certain eager savior zeal. I wish him well.
    Bizarre glitch with the taxes that has been straightened out to everyone's satisfaction.
    I'm feeling at loose ends, today.    Mom specifically asked for one of them and under normal circumstances she would have enjoyed it: Word Wars, about the Scrabble championships. [Yes, Virginia, there is an official Scrabble site.] The other, Nashville, I wasn't sure she'd enjoy but I wanted to see it. She was noisily listless through our attempts to watch both. She was too grumpy and uncomfortable for me to forge ahead with "my" movie.

    I'm not concerned about what her mood will be today, though. It will be warmer, 100% less windy, I think, and, well, we have movies. She'll have forgotten that we even have them and they'll be a nice surprise for her. I think.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?