Friday, April 14, 2006

 

So, I've got everything done for Easter...

...just in case I don't make it to Costco tomorrow morning. We could use some more T(angerine)J, but I can pick some up at the local organic market if necessary. Already a holiday accident, I noticed, right at the main entrance off State Route 69 into the Prescott Gateway Mall. Tsk, tsk, tsk. I want to stay off the roads this weekend.
    Yes, I've got Mom's HoneyBaked Ham. Yes, I got scones. Yes, I got pie. Cherry. Crumble crust. Tried to get Mrs. Smith's but there was a run on them pies so I got Marie Callendar's, frozen version. Yes I got plenty of lemons for Hollandaise sauce for the broccoli. Yes, I expect her to eat the broccoli, which will be (very) lightly steamed. Yes, flowers will be arriving today, Gerbera Daisies. I may even pick one of the daffodils for the house. Haven't decided. Yes, I know, it's going to rain this afternoon and this evening. Yes, we've got a good movie; two, in fact.
    I'm feeling especially good about everything, including something you'd think I wouldn't feel so good bout, I'm not sure where our taxes are in the process of being done and how much we need to send to The Feds on Monday. I totally forgot about it. Until yesterday. Stupid day to decide to email MA, right!?! But, I figured it would be even more stupid to call. Anyway, I've got it covered. If I don't have an amount by Mondy AM I'll send in our first ES payments in the same amount as last year. I'll trust (and I mean this), even if I don't hear anything, that any overages we owe The Feds on last year will be filed electronically at the proper time, whether I hear to this effect. And if it isn't? Got it covered, emotionally, anyway. I mean, what's the worst that could happen?
    So I guess it's obvious, we're spending Easter here. No one's called with an invitation. I haven't attempted to scrounge invitations. So, this is nice. Especially with today's weather.
    I'm not sure whether I'm letting Mom sleep in. Maybe. We'll see.
    I'll probably check in again...
    ...later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?