Friday, April 7, 2006

 

So, I had all these ideas and all this sedentary energy, today...

...and Mom slept in again. And I got to some of them. The second, doing a graphic anemia profile on Mom's hemoglobin from 7/00 - 3/06. There are 47 readings in the time frame. I just want to see a picture of the flow of her profile. I thought such a thing would be easy enough to toss off, after data entry, in either Appleworks spreadsheet program or Microsoft Works spreadsheet program. It was beyond me, and I'm not ashamed to say I'm pretty savvy at figuring software things out. So, after several hours of fooling around in both spreadsheet and database programs between two platforms and getting nowhere, I realized the easiest way would be to do it by hand in a drawing program. It's simple and straightforward and I can create it in order to size it down and publish it here.
    As I collected the isolated data I did sneak peaks at her related BMPs, which signal kidney function. Sure enough, when her hemoglobin is high her kidneys are fine; when it's low her kidney's look sensitive but functioning.
    So, that's what I've been doing.
    I'm thinking such a chart would be valuable to her PCP as well as me.
    Yes, her stats are in. Her blood pressure looks very good today. We've been skimping on the fluids, not enough to cause bowel impaction but enough to where both she and I are comfortable. This seems to make a difference.
    I know I'll have to run at least a few minor errands when I awaken later today but I'm going to try to put Costco off until Saturday. Maybe Mom will want to go along. If not, I can get it done between 0930 and 1030 and have some time to cool down before awakening Mom.
    Damn, time for bed.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?