Wednesday, April 19, 2006

 

Been meaning to mention:

During the latest episode of Everwood, which we watched Monday night, I heard something interesting: Two of the three physicians on the show witnessed a man in a car collide head on with a telephone pole. They immediately tended to him. During their on site examination one physician said to the other: "BP 110/50." The second physician responded, "Could be internal bleeding."
    As you know, this is a fairly familiar blood pressure for my mother, although not as familiar lately as has been the case. As well, she has a history of low blood pressure. She also "runs dry"; has all her life, which may be one of the reasons why her blood pressure has always tended to run low. And yet, it's true, too, she has iron deficiency anemia and periodically the doctors are sure she's bleeding inside, although all tests have shown conclusive evidence of lack of internal bleeding.
    Aside from this, the arena of Blood Pressure is undergoing some extreme controversy, at the moment, as can be followed through such avenues as Medscape newsletters. Its's a very confusing field, right now. And, in the meantime, we've got American Business trying to figure out how to make a fast back on the confusion and controversy.
    It's weird. You hear these things...
    So, you already know from The Dailies that Mom had an unexpectedly slow day, today. So did I. I'm not sure why. I felt relieved, incredibly relieved. I tried to tie it to resolving the taxes situation, which included a huge surprise, but I wasn't actually stressed about that. I mean, I was so relaxed today that I even took a nap for no other reason than it was a beautiful spring day, the house was well breezed, all windows were open, I was thinking how nice it would be to fall asleep on a lawn as I can remember doing when I was young...and before I knew it I was waking up from a quick, completely limp nap on the couch.
    Not sure what's happening tomorrow, which will actually be today. It seems like there are supplies we need, but I can't remember what. Maybe we don't need them tomorrow...
    ...later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?