Wednesday, February 22, 2006

 

Well, shit. Literally.

    Just a note to mention that it's turning into a loaded day (pun intended). I had a mild case of diarrhea last night. No biggie. But since I went to bed at 0400 this morning and arose around 0800, Mom's been up and down with the same thing. So, she's spending most of the day in bed. No fever, no nausea, it's a little difficult keeping her hydrated but I'm dealing with it, I'm not worrying about pills (except her lisinopril) and such and she continues to report that she's "okay, just tired". Her color remains very good. I'm sure it's something we ate, although I can't put my finger on what. The rule is, it usually takes 72 hours for a food to create severe indigestion or food poisoning. Since I'm feeling good, even felt good during the diarrhea, and Mom's immune system is often stronger than mine, although I'm keeping my eye on her I'm sure she'll be fine after her cleaning out. Her bowels are just more reactive to volatile substances than mine are. Old, tired bowels, you know.
    The one blessing is that flushing her diarrhea down the toilet is a clog-free operation. She's feeling a little raw from all the cleanings, though. I'm trying to be gentle and I'm treating her, between cleanings, with an antiseptic salve that's designed to soothe, protect and heal. I'm sure today will be followed by at least 24 hours, if not more, of no bowel movements so her genital skin should come through this just fine. There won't be any stats or meal reporting today, for obvious reasons. We'll be lucky, in fact, if she is even interested in one meal.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?