Monday, February 27, 2006

 

It's happening again. I can't believe it.

    I don't know what it is...a cold, some type of flu which the vaccination didn't cover, I don't know. Temperature: 102.6 by the temporal arterial. My body aches all over. No breathing or sinus problems. With luck, maybe I'll avoid those. I'm really, really tired. All this started snowballing me this afternoon. Took me totally by surprise. I've been under the impression that I've been feeling excellent, lately, and doing well, physically.
    I haven't been able to actually slow down, relax, take a nap (which I've been wanting to do since about 1600) yet today...although I pumped myself full of ibuprofen for the second time today about an hour ago. That seems to keep the fever under control.
    I'm disappointed that this is happening. I'm extremely disappointed that this seems to be my winter of being sick here and sick there...that never happens to me, but it is this winter.
    I'm assuming Mom's not going to get whatever I have, even though my understanding is that the fever is a sign that I'm contagious. Her immune system seems to be fine without any help, yet again, this year. Which is good. As I publish this, she's still up, watching something on TV. Oh, yeah, it's M*A*S*H, which is on tonight until midnight because it's the final episode of the series, so she'll probably be going to bed then. I can't wait. I've been wanting to go to bed for hours.
    Figure that I may not report again for a couple of days until I'm feeling better.
    Shit. I can't believe this.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?