Thursday, January 26, 2006

 

Surprise Bowel Movement tonight...

...three days in a row again, right? More, not sure, but I don't feel like doing a "view blog" to check. This one kept her in the bathroom for about 15 minutes: 2310 - 2325. She was blocked with hard little shit balls for a few minutes. I had her rise and I rolled a few of them out. Once those were gone, her movement was fairly good volume; good consistency; easy elimination, slightly smeary clean-up. While she was on the toilet she asked for some Phillip's. I gave her two tablespoons. I usually don't give her this much, but she and I have been having fluid battles for the last couple of days. I gave her a short lecture last night and again tonight about this being the wages of refusing liquids. Last night, of course, she didn't have a problem eliminating but she eliminated shit rocks. Tonight she was blocked by the shit rocks she didn't eliminate last night. Behind them, though, was easily eliminated, moisture rich loaf shit.
    I feel that the laxative was premature, but it'll probably clean her out, which isn't a bad thing, at this point. As well, with its administration, I was able to get 8 more ounces of water down her. So, we might have an active day tomorrow, colonically speaking. We're running low on supplies, too, so I need to get to the grocery early tomorrow and pick up a little replenishment...then, I imagine, I'll be going to Costco later for the bulk and paper supplies, with or without Mom.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?