Sunday, January 22, 2006

 

Listing again.

    Dinner last night? What did I serve for dinner last night? Ah, yes. Home made burgers on almost stale onion buns, Mom's topped with yellow sharp Cheddar, mine with Vermont extra sharp White Cheddar; both topped with dill pickle relish (which I whipped up from some mini dills and roasted, pickled red peppers since we were out of the commercial kind and, I have to say, it was gooood), bottomed with a thick slice of Bermuda onion and accompanied with 11.5 oz V-8 juice. No bowel movement yesterday. I also forgot to administer her bedtime dose of lisinopril last night, but her BP was unusually low for a morning reading, probably due to my lack of usual enthusiasm over her awakening. I'll explain that in an immediately later post.
    I'm still in a bit of a daze, still noting stats Here rather than There. Oh. I gave her an adult aspirin last night about a half hour after dinner when she complained of "all over aches". I held my breath to see if she was coming down with a cold or the flu, but she was fine upon awakening today, except for a some upper torso fluid retention, noticeable mainly from a distinctive CHF cough and some very slight feet pudginess. I gave her 10 mg furosemide at breakfast to stimulate gentle diuresis. She's unusually tired today, though, which usually accompanies all this. She refused a trip to Walmart about which she became unusually excited last night, thinking that "they'll have their Christmas decorations out." I didn't counter her expectations. I figured, by the time we got to Walmart and she was entranced by everything else, she wouldn't remember those expectations. As it turned out, though, I had to bargain to keep her up for four hours after she arose, so she didn't make it to Walmart with me. She just went down for a nap a few minutes ago.
    Lately she's been keeping late to very late nights, so her "mornings" do not technically begin in the morning. She's also been going to bed then arising anywhere from a half to an hour later, claiming she hasn't been to sleep, then staying up for awhile. These are usually excellent times for us. They have the aura of "staying up late" glamour for her, to which she's always been attracted.
    As well, because we were running low on bread and I've been spacing the essential buttermilk that's needed for it when I've been to the store, lately, I pulled out a frozen loaf of pumpkin/apple/walnut bread I made over the holidays and have been serving that to her for breakfast. Surprisingly, it hasn't seemed to affect her overall blood sugar readings.
    In case you're wondering why we haven't yet tripped to the lab for a draw, I'm waiting until the very last of January or the first of February. I have a "special" prescription for a Hemoglobin A1c that the doctor wanted taken three months after her last appointment, along with a CBC and BMP. Although I'm not sure, I think a lipid panel may be included in that. I hope so. I'd like to see if the Omega-3 fatty acid pills have had any effect.
    I got her out on the driveway, yesterday, for some walkering. She did four laps of her own accord. You'd never know it, today. It's as though she hasn't moved for months. I guess it's just one of those days. When she went down for a nap she told me she didn't think she'd be down long. I tend to think otherwise, considering her overall tiredness. I'm going to let her go until she reaches three hours down, if she does. I think her body's asking for it.
    I think I covered everything I wanted to mention except, well, you'll see...
    ...later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?