Wednesday, January 25, 2006

 

Introduction to an Introduction

    I was spurred by inspiration, last night, until 0500 this morning, in several areas, the manifestation of the most obvious of which appears above, just below the description of my journal, in deep pink. After finishing the editing on The Teaching Interview, added to the right under the podcast links, it occurred to me that an audio introduction to The Mom & Me Journals might help it seem less intimidating to visitors. Even if you're a regular visitor to this group of sites you might want to listen to it. I explain the contents of all the links to the right. If you've been curious about any of them but haven't wanted to become entangled in yet more written words the Audio Intro reviews each link's material. The introduction announcement is a link to an mp3 file. I think the only thing I neglected to mention, by accident, is the amount of repetition in these site. After uploading the file and listening to it to make sure it was coming through okay I considered modifying it but decided, nah, the repetition in the site becomes obvious very soon after someone visits. Which is why I've set up search facilities.
    Although The Teaching Interview appears to be long, certainly longer than my plan for each interview, I cut 50 minutes out of it before uploading it. The 50 cut minutes consisted of:    The truth is, I'm disappointed in The Teaching Interview, even though others may not be. I know that much more anecdotal and contemplative information exists within my mother's brain on the subject. It was just that I hadn't considered how to best extract it before I mined it.
    Thus, some of my inspired time last night was devoted to analyzing why I'm having what I consider to be only minor success interviewing my mother. My realizations are, in no particular order:    So, onto the mundane miscellanea for the last few days:    As for today, my inspired venturing through the wee hours of the morning kept my mother arising hourly throughout the night to check on what I was doing. Thus, she didn't get much sleep. After I finally went to bed at 0500 I didn't awaken until 1250. I let her sleep as long as she felt she needed. She was shuffling into her bathroom at 1345; thus she didn't eat breakfast until about 1445. I suggested we abandon statting (she's always in favor of this) and eat when and what we feel like throughout the day, making sure she gets her last dose of pills (excluding her bedtime lisinopril) about 7-8 hours after her first dose. So far she's had breakfast, a snack of left over home made ham salad, a glass of V-8 juice and a handful of Doritos Nacho Cheese chips, all of them separated from one another by at least an hour, sometimes more. Around 2200 we had 1/8 slice of home made apple/raisin/pecan pie; she had unwhippped whipping cream poured over the top. I'm not sure when she'll go to bed. She hasn't had a nap so she may finding herself interested in bed some time after M*A*S*H ends at 2300. We'll see. She's not particularly lively but she's doing well, considering everything, including the unprecipitous low hanging over us today. I just hope I feel like getting to bed at a decent hour tonight.
    Last miscellaneous detail: Bowel Movement occurred at 2310: Poor volume; rocky consistency; very easy elimination; very easy clean-up.
    She hasn't moved around much in the last few days. Maybe I can get her interested in the sample kiosks at Costco tomorrow.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?