Tuesday, January 17, 2006

 

I got The Mom out today...

...much to my surprise and her shock. Snow still bordered our yard and she was sure it was going to be too cold to move. Fooled her! I bundled her up in a coat, she wore her usual sunshade hat and once out refused gloves (I was in shirt sleeves - the sunshine was so intense it was that warm on concrete). We did the driveway three times (no, we didn't go anywhere else). She's taking fewer rest stops; one after each "lap", this time.
    We started the last movie of the Apes series when we returned. We made it about 1/3 of the way through before she started looking at the clock and checking her watch.
    "Got a date?" I asked.
    "With my bed."
    "We can pause it and pick it up later if you want."
    "Oh, this is one of those things, not on TV?"
    "That's right. We own it."
    "Oh! Good! Then we can start it over this evening if we want."
    "We could do that, too."
    "Remind me later."
    "You got it."
    Things are going well today. I'm feeling good despite the disappointing mini-low and the relentless sun.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?