Wednesday, January 18, 2006

 

I awoke with a headache out of one of those vacuum cleaner dreams...

...in which the mind is tidying up and throwing away detritous. All I remember is that the actor James Gregory was in my dream in his Beneath the Planet of the Apes gorilla make-up explaining to me that the significance of Christmas lies in pickling thin strips of sour fruit. Yeeks! Talk about Mom's Interests Overload!
    Thus, today's been one of those days for me when I wish I was alone to work it out but, well, no such luck. We haven't gotten anything done. I'm a little surprised. Last night after Mom went to bed and I reported here I was feeling so good I decided to celebrate by blasting spiritual celebrations into my ears: The Hallelujah Chorus by the London Philharmonic, Holy, Holy, Holy by the Martins, Testify to Love by Avalon and In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel. Three are Christian classics but, no, I haven't turned Christian: The Christians just happen to be particularly good at turning spiritual insanity into emotionally ecstatic musical expressions. I guess you could call me metro-spiritual: I'm not picky. I'll enhance myself emotionally and spiritually from any source. So, forgive the bad pun, but I finally retired (around 0300) on a really good note.
    I expected to awaken on the same note. Not that I've been feeling bad, but in need of solitude to shake myself back into some order.
    Hard to say much more. One of those days.
    She did have a Bowel Movement at 1430: Good volume; excellent consistency; easy elimination; very easy clean-up.
    For dinner I served my sausaged up marinara over rotini with plenty of freshly shredded Parmesan.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?